Ajuste de mordida
A bite is considered to be healthy when all or most of the teeth are present and not destroyed by normal daily usage.
This may be necessary when teeth show wear, looseness, or when there is visible wear or damage to the TMJ (jaw joint). Bite adjustment therapy helps to re-balance a bite that can now function without further damage and destruction.
The therapy may include:
- Slightly reshaping the biting surfaces of the teeth and eliminating spots of excessive pressures where the teeth are brought into contact. This is done by carefully dividing bite pressures evenly across all of the teeth.
- Bite splint therapy, using a custom-fitted and adjusted plastic bite guard to keep the surfaces of the teeth apart, worn during the day, at night, or both.
- Braces to reposition mal-aligned or drifted teeth.
- Replacement of old, worn out, or damaged fillings.
- Reconstruction of badly worn and damaged teeth.